Who we are
Information We Collect: We may collect the following information from you:
- Personal Information: This includes your name, email address, postal address, and other contact information.
- Demographic Information: This includes your age, gender, interests, and other information that you may choose to provide to us.
- Technical Information: This includes information about your computer, device, and internet connection, such as IP address, browser type, and operating system.
- Usage Information: This includes information about how you use our website, such as the pages you visit, the time you spend on the site, and the links you click.
How We Use Your Information: We use the information we collect from you to:
- Provide and improve our services: We use your information to provide you with the services you request and to improve the quality of our website.
- Communicate with you: We may use your information to send you updates, notifications, and other communications related to our services.
- Analyze usage: We use your information to analyze the usage of our website and to improve its design and functionality.
- Comply with legal obligations: We may use your information as required by law, such as for tax or regulatory purposes.
- Service providers: We may share your information with third-party service providers who assist us in providing our services.
- Legal entities: We may share your information with government entities or other third parties as required by law or to protect our rights.
Security of Your Information: We take reasonable steps to protect your information from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or destruction. However, no system is completely secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
Your Choices: You have the following choices with respect to your information:
- Access: You have the right to access the information we collect about you and to request a copy of your personal information.
- Correction: If you believe that any information we have about you is inaccurate, you have the right to request that we correct it.
- Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete your personal information.
- Opt-out: You may opt-out of receiving promotional communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions in the communication.
Last updated: [2/5/2023]
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
On our website, we may use affiliate links to promote certain products or services. An affiliate link is a unique URL that contains an identifier that lets us know when someone clicks on a link from our site and makes a purchase on the affiliate’s site.
When you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase, we may earn a commission or receive some other form of compensation from the affiliate partner. This compensation allows us to continue providing valuable content and resources to our readers without charging them directly.
Please note that we only promote products or services that we believe are of high quality and value to our readers. Our promotion of these products or services through affiliate links does not affect the price you pay or the product or service you receive.
If you have any questions about our use of affiliate links or would like more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Thank you for supporting our website and allowing us to continue providing valuable information and resources.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where your data is sent
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.