Experience precision and control with da Vinci Surgical System, empowering surgeons to perform complex minimally invasive procedures. This advanced robotic platform expands capabilities, offering an alternative to open surgery.
Tens of thousands of successful procedures using da Vinci have been documented in clinical publications. At UC Health, our surgeons benefit from two daVinci Surgical Systems for various conditions.
da Vinci offers:
- Precision, dexterity, and control during surgery
- 1-2 cm incisions instead of longer ones The system includes:
- An ergonomically designed surgeon’s console
- A patient cart with four interactive robotic arms
- A high-performance vision system and patented EndoWrist instruments
da Vinci Surgical System Fast Facts:
- In 2000, da Vinci became the first FDA-cleared robotic surgical platform in the US for general laparoscopic surgery.
- Over 1,700 da Vinci Systems are installed in hospitals worldwide.
- 775,000+ patients globally have undergone da Vinci procedures.
- Used in various specialties, including cardiac, urologic, gynecologic, pediatric, and general surgery.
- The preferred choice for prostate cancer surgeries and minimally invasive hysterectomies.
- Studies show lower cancer death rates with surgical removal of the prostate compared to radiation.
- 86% of US urology residency programs and all 42 gynecologic oncology fellowship programs have a da Vinci System.
The da Vinci System surpasses conventional laparoscopy, providing surgeons with superior vision, enhanced dexterity, and ergonomic comfort. Operating from a seated position at the console, surgeons can perform delicate dissections and reconstructions more effectively. Embrace improved technology for physicians and better outcomes for patients with da Vinci Surgical System.