If you’re a PC gamer or a content creator, you know how important it is to keep your computer running smoothly. One of the most important components of your computer is the CPU (Central Processing Unit), which is responsible for executing most of the commands on your computer. A PC cooler guide is very important, as with great power comes great heat, and without proper cooling, your CPU can quickly overheat and cause severe damage. That’s why PC coolers are so important.
In this article, we’ll discuss the importance of PC coolers and provide you with a list of the best PC coolers in the market.
If you are interested in building Custom PC, Check our guide HERE!
Importance of PC Coolers:
The CPU in your computer generates a significant amount of heat while it’s running. If the heat generated isn’t properly dissipated, it can cause your CPU to overheat, which can lead to permanent damage. When your CPU overheats, it can cause your computer to shut down, freeze or crash unexpectedly.
That’s where PC coolers come in. A PC cooler is a device that is designed to keep your CPU at an optimal temperature. There are two main types of PC coolers: air coolers and liquid coolers.
Air coolers use fans to cool the air around your CPU, while liquid coolers use a liquid that circulates through your computer to cool your CPU. Both types of coolers have their pros and cons, and the type you choose will depend on your specific needs and preferences.
Benefits of PC Coolers – PC Cooler Guide:
There are several benefits to using a PC cooler:
- Improved Performance: When your CPU is running at an optimal temperature, it can perform more efficiently, which can lead to better overall performance.
- Longer Lifespan: Overheating can cause permanent damage to your CPU, which can result in a shorter lifespan. By keeping your CPU cool, you can extend its lifespan.
- Quieter Operation: When your CPU is running hot, your fans will have to work harder to keep it cool, which can result in a noisy computer. By using a PC cooler, you can reduce the noise levels of your computer.
- Overclocking: Overclocking is the process of increasing the clock speed of your CPU to get better performance. However, overclocking generates more heat, which can be harmful to your CPU. By using a PC cooler, you can safely overclock your CPU without worrying about overheating.
Best PC Coolers:
Now that you understand the importance of PC coolers, let’s take a look at some of the best PC coolers currently on the market:
- Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo: This air cooler is an affordable option that provides excellent performance. It has four direct-contact heat pipes and a 120mm fan.
- Noctua NH-D15: This air cooler is more expensive than the Hyper 212 Evo but provides better performance. It has six heat pipes and two 140mm fans.
- be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4: This air cooler is one of the quietest coolers on the market. It has seven heat pipes and two 120mm fans.
- NZXT Kraken X63: This liquid cooler is a popular option among PC gamers. It has a 280mm radiator and two 140mm fans.
- Corsair H100i RGB Platinum SE: This liquid cooler has a 240mm radiator and two 120mm fans. It also has RGB lighting, which can be customized using Corsair’s iCUE software.
- Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360: This liquid cooler has a 360mm radiator and three 120mm fans. It’s a good option for those who want to overclock their CPU.
Air coolers are a popular choice for cooling your PC because they are affordable and easy to install. They work by using a heat sink, which is attached to your CPU, and a fan, which blows cool air over the heat sink to dissipate the heat.
PC Cooler Guide – Description of Air Coolers:
Air coolers come in various sizes and shapes, but they all have a heat sink and a fan. The heat sink is made up of metal fins that are designed to increase the surface area, which allows for more heat dissipation. The fan is mounted on top of the heat sink and blows cool air over it to remove the heat.
Top Air Coolers on the Market:
The Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo is an affordable air cooler that provides excellent performance. It has four direct-contact heat pipes and a 120mm fan. It’s compatible with most modern CPU sockets and is easy to install.
If you are interested in Price/Buying this cooler, click HERE!
The Noctua NH-D15 is a high-end air cooler that provides exceptional performance. It has six heat pipes and two 140mm fans. It’s designed for overclocking and can keep your CPU cool even under heavy load. It’s also one of the quietest coolers on the market, thanks to Noctua’s proprietary fan technology.
You can buy this on Amazon
be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 is a top-of-the-line air cooler that’s known for its excellent cooling performance and quiet operation. It has seven heat pipes and two 120mm fans. The fans are designed to operate at low noise levels, making this cooler a great option for those who want a quiet PC.
You can buy this Cooler HERE!
Pros and Cons of Air Coolers:
Air coolers have several benefits over liquid coolers. They are generally more affordable, easy to install, and require less maintenance. They are also quieter than liquid coolers, which can be a significant advantage if you want a quiet PC. Additionally, air coolers are usually more reliable than liquid coolers since they have fewer parts that can fail.
However, air coolers also have some downsides. They are generally larger than liquid coolers, which can be a problem if you have a small PC case. They also don’t provide the same level of cooling performance as liquid coolers, which can be a problem if you want to overclock your CPU. Finally, air coolers are not as aesthetically pleasing and can be noisy.
Liquid coolers are a popular alternative to air coolers because they can provide better cooling performance. They work by circulating liquid through tubes that are attached to your CPU, which removes the heat from the CPU and dissipates it through a radiator.
PC Cooler Guide – Description of Liquid Coolers:
Liquid coolers come in two main types: an all-in-one (AIO) and custom loop. AIO liquid coolers are pre-built and come with everything you need to install them, while custom loop liquid coolers are built by the user and require more expertise and investment. Both types of liquid coolers use a pump to circulate the liquid, which removes the heat from the CPU, and a radiator to dissipate the heat. They also come with fans that blow air through the radiator to cool the liquid.
Top Liquid Coolers on the Market:
The NZXT Kraken X63 is a popular AIO liquid cooler that provides excellent cooling performance. It has a 280mm radiator and two 140mm fans. It also features RGB lighting, which can be customized through the NZXT CAM software.
Interested in Buying/Pricing, Click HERE!
The Corsair H100i RGB Platinum SE is a high-end AIO liquid cooler that provides exceptional performance. It has a 240mm radiator and two 120mm fans. It also features RGB lighting, which can be customized through the Corsair iCUE software.
For Pricing and Buying, check visit HERE!
The EVGA CLC 280 is another popular AIO liquid cooler that provides excellent cooling performance. It has a 280mm radiator and two 140mm fans. It also features a unique design that separates the pump from the radiator, which can help to reduce noise levels.
For Pricing, check THIS!
The Thermaltake Floe DX RGB 360 TT Premium Edition is a thermoelectric cooler that provides excellent cooling performance. It has a 360mm radiator and three 120mm fans. It also features RGB lighting, which can be customized through the Thermaltake software.
For Pricing/Buying, Click HERE!
Pros and Cons of Liquid Coolers:
Liquid coolers have several benefits over air coolers. They provide better cooling performance, which can be beneficial if you want to overclock your CPU. They are also more aesthetically pleasing since they often come with RGB lighting and other fancy features. Additionally, liquid coolers are usually smaller than air coolers, which can be an advantage if you have a small PC case.
However, liquid coolers also have some downsides. They are generally more expensive than air coolers and require more maintenance. AIO liquid coolers can also be less reliable than air coolers since they have more parts that can fail.
When it comes to cooling your PC, there are more options than just air and liquid coolers. In this section, we’ll take a look at some other types of coolers, including thermoelectric and passive coolers.
Types of Coolers:
Thermoelectric coolers use the Peltier effect to cool your CPU. This effect works by applying electricity to a material, which causes one side of the material to become hot and the other side to become cold. The cold side is then used to cool the CPU. These coolers are not very common and can be expensive.
Passive coolers, on the other hand, do not use any fans or pumps. They rely on a large heatsink to dissipate heat. These coolers are usually only used on low-power CPUs or in situations where noise is a concern.
NoFan is a company that specializes in offering a cooling solution for computers that eliminates the need for fans. This innovative cooling system operates silently and without vibration, and also prevents dust buildup. The result is a noiseless and low-maintenance cooler that provides the same level of cooling performance. Such a system represents a dream scenario for anyone seeking to avoid the downsides of noise and dust associated with traditional cooling methods.
For Pricing/Buying, click HERE!
The Alpine 12 Passive keeps all compatible Intel CPUs up to 47 Watts at bay without the need for a fan, providing an affordable solution for fully fan-less computers on Intels 115X Sockets. Its stacked fin design lays parallel to each other, giving it the appearance of a small metal box with a distinct otherworldly look accentuated by its black color. While its TDP is around 47W, some processors begin throttling once they hit the 40W mark, which may make this rating slightly optimistic.
For Pricing/Buying, click HERE!
Summarizing the Whole Cooler Thing:
In summary, this article has covered the different types of PC coolers available on the market, including air coolers, liquid coolers, and other types of coolers. We have discussed the top coolers in each category and the pros and cons of each type of cooler.
For different types of users, our recommendations are as follows:
- For budget-conscious users or those who don’t want to deal with the maintenance of liquid coolers, air coolers like the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Noctua NH-D15, and be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 are great choices.
- For users who want better cooling performance and more aesthetic options, liquid coolers like the NZXT Kraken X63, Corsair H100i RGB Platinum SE, or EVGA CLC 280 can provide excellent cooling performance and make your PC look great.
- For users who want something different, the Thermaltake Floe DX RGB 360 TT Premium Edition, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R RGB, and Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 are excellent options.
Conclusion on PC Cooler Guide:
In conclusion, the choice between liquid and air coolers ultimately comes down to your personal preferences and needs. Liquid coolers offer better cooling performance and aesthetic options but require more maintenance and are generally more expensive. On the other hand, air coolers are more affordable, easier to install, and require less maintenance. With the top air coolers like the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Noctua NH-D15, and be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, and the top liquid coolers like the NZXT Kraken X63, Corsair H100i RGB Platinum SE, and EVGA CLC 280, you’re sure to find a cooler that fits your budget and meets your needs. So, do your research, weigh the pros and cons, and choose the cooler that’s best for you and your PC.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is the difference between air and liquid coolers for PCs? Answer: Air coolers use air to dissipate heat from the CPU, while liquid coolers use liquid, typically water, to cool the CPU. Liquid coolers generally provide better cooling performance but are more expensive and require more maintenance.
- Can I install a PC cooler by myself, or do I need to take it to a professional? Answer: Installing a PC cooler can be done by yourself if you have the necessary tools and knowledge. However, if you are unsure about the process or lack experience, it’s recommended that you seek the help of a professional to ensure a proper installation.
- How often do I need to clean my PC cooler? Answer: The frequency of cleaning your PC cooler depends on the type of cooler and the environment in which your PC is used. Generally, air coolers need to be cleaned every 3 to 6 months, while liquid coolers require maintenance every 6 to 12 months. However, if you notice an increase in temperature or noise, it’s a good idea to check and clean your cooler.
- Will using a PC cooler make my computer quieter? Answer: Yes, using a PC cooler can help reduce the noise produced by your computer. Air coolers are generally quieter than liquid coolers, but the noise level also depends on the specific model and the fan speed.
- Do I need a liquid cooler if I’m not planning on overclocking my CPU? Answer: While liquid coolers provide better cooling performance, they are not necessarily required if you’re not planning on overclocking your CPU. An air cooler can still provide sufficient cooling for a non-overclocked CPU, and it’s a more affordable and low-maintenance option.